Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Finals : Part 1

       It was a nice, sunny day in Carmel, California and I decided to go to my favorite bakery for my daily croissant until I got pulled over for the dumbest reason. Apparently in Carmel, California, a man is not permitted to go outside while wearing a jacket and pants that do not match. I was taken aback at this absurd law and that it even exists. The officer was telling me it's just part of his job, but I had to argue my case. All I wanted was a damn croissant for breakfast so that I could get to work with somewhat of a full stomach and get on with my day but instead, I have to be issued a ticket for something so trivial as unmatched clothing. I guess I came off to the officer as some kind of jerk so he decided to issue me a ticket for disorderly conduct. My day couldn't have been worse, but it did. As I was walking back to my car, I see a parking enforcement officer issuing my car a ticket. I rush over to let him know I was only late because some officer decided to detain me over unmatched clothing. I was practically begging him to not give me the ticket but it looked like it wasn't going to go anywhere so I simply accepted the ticket and got back into my car. Now I'm staring at a white envelope that reads "City of Los Angeles Parking Violation" forcing me to pay nearly a hundred dollars to the same city that a cop can pull a man over for unmatched clothing. To put it in simpler terms, I basically had to pay a $97 fine for wearing blue jeans and a black sweater.

No comments:

Post a Comment